“It isn’t the mountains ahead to climb that wear you out; it’s the pebble in your shoe.”
But don’t worry! Because you wont have to fret about any chance of being uncomfortable over the winter period as we have you covered with our new Styles of the Month feature, where we discuss all things sneakers!! How exciting! It is officially winter and the start of December, which brings with it the necessity to add a few essential items to your seasonal wardrobe. As advocates of an essentialist lifestyle we do not believe in overstocking your closet with every new release, however we do think that one should focus on what really matters by removing all other unnecessary elements. One basic essential is a fresh pair of sneakers. Much can be understood of someone by the shoes that he wears and thus your sneakers should be the roots of any sleek outfit. In order to prepare and inspire you for the winter season ahead, in this Styles of the month feature we share a few of our current top sneaker choices for the colder months. Since all of our watches come with handy interchangeable straps it is nice and easy to match your timepiece with your outfit. And, just incase you are struggling to match your KANE with you're shoes we have included a recommended watch that pairs elegantly with each sneaker to make selecting your winter wardrobe simple and stylish.
- Balenciaga Speed Trainer – Any high-end luxury footwear fans out there? These minimally designed sock trainers shout future style as well as being extremely versatile bridging the space between functional sports wear and luxury footwear. The simple and light sock of the upper alongside the white textured sole looks cool and due to its shock absorption properties is comfortable as well. We think that our Black Out Classic Black would pair perfectly with the Balenciaga sneakers, combining contemporary and classic features that will look dapper on any occasion. Furthermore, the “all black everything” look of the watch blends discreetly with the shoes and will stand out strongly.
- Vans Sk8-Hi – Classic and timeless, these high-tops will keep your feet warmer than their low top brothers when the weather turns. In terms of comfort, these kicks offer a more supportive design inspired by the 80s era basketball sneakers that extended further up the foot, meaning they are ideal for treading over frosted cobblestones. The Black Code Vintage Brown is the obvious choice to pair with these Vans because of the watches classic feel and its black and silver case.
- Reebok Workout Plus IT – Reebok has made a bit of a comeback lately and if you cant afford the “Calabasas” version then the Reebok Workout Plus IT look similar and are equally as stylish. The most iconic color way of the Workouts (which we also prefer) is the all white that finish off any winter outfit with ease. Similarly to the Vans Sk8 Hi, these sneakers are a classic with hint of modern and because of that we think that the Silver Steel Silver Mesh goes alongside them cleanly. The Mesh strap is great in sporty situations matching the name of the shoe and the sleek face conforms with the minimal branding of the sneaker.
- Adidas x Kanye West Boost 350 V2 “Zebra” – The most limited of all Yeezy’s, these comfortable sneakers sure do push boundaries and despite the full Yeezy collection pretty much visible on every young sneaker head in town, their uniqueness is rivaled by none. And for that reason, our bold Black Out Black Mesh is the perfect partner for these kicks. In contrast to the Boost’s hectic design, the Black Out Black Mesh maintains one color keeping it subtle among your outfit as a whole yet boisterous enough for it to snatch the eyes of onlookers. Another great advantage of the Zebra’s is that you will never get lost among the snow!
- Nike Air Vapor Max – A flexible shoe that seems to defy gravity in both aesthetics and comfort, Nike’s 2017 release are ideal for running off those Christmas meals as well as conquering the potentially stressful nature of Christmas holiday travel! The key feature here is Nike’s head-turning new silhouette and with an array of colors to choose from, the shoes give you flexibility and versatility. We love an inclusion of color into chic design and therefore we think that our Blue Arctic Urban Grey watch is a great choice to rock alongside the Vapor Max. The vibrant Blue face matches with the blue toned sole while our Urban Grey leather strap highlights your sense of fashion within a modern concrete jungle.
These are our top picks for the FW17 season when it comes to sneakers and even though no well-edited wardrobe is complete without the classics, there is nothing wrong with snapping up a few of these essential pieces to truly make a statement this winter. Hopefully, matching your KANE with your seasonal kicks is a lot easier now and we are sure that by utilizing our interchangeable straps you will be able to mix and match your outfit throughout Christmas to create your perfect personal style.
Finally, don’t forget to take part in our Dapper Winter Giveaway to mark the start of December via the links below. We teamed up with Be Wooden who create handcrafted accessories that not only look great with out watches but also a fresh pair of sneakers. One winner will be selected on Tuesday 5th December !
Follow the links here to take part in our Giveaway:
Questions or Comments? Want to know more?
Reach out to us via Facebook or Instagram.
If you are interested in becoming one of our influencers drop us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Keep it Clean. Simple. Essential